How to Export Subscribers
In order to get started with Email Marketing in ActiveCampaign, you would need to have subscribers to send campaigns to. In order to add subscribers to your account you would need to Import Subscribers. Importing enables you to populate your lists with Email Addresses.
Sometimes, however, you need to extract subscribers from your account. For this, you can use the export function built in on your ActiveCamapaign software. There are several reasons why you would need to export: to update your list, to use for reporting, to keep the list for your records, etc. In any case, exporting your subscribers is a function that you can perform in ActiveCampaign’s Email Marketing software.
This article is your guide to exporting your subscribers.
Where to Go
To export subscribers, go to your Lists page. After that, click the number to the right of the List Name.
You will be taken to the Subscribers Page for the list you have chosen. On the subscribers page, you will see a list of all the Subscribers that you have added/uploaded to the software.
Exporting your Subscribers
What you will export depend on what you need. You can export All of your subscribers, Subscribers belonging to a particular list, Active Subscribers, Unconfirmed subscribers, etc.
1. You can export your Subscribers using one of three different file formats: CSV, Excel, or XML.
2. You can’t export subscribers from ALL lists. You MUST always choose a list to export from.
1. Exporting All of your Subscribers from a Specific
- To export ALL of your Subscribers, make sure that the List drop-down displays the list you want to Export from. On the 2nd Drop-Down, choose All Subscribers.
- Check the check box to the left of Options to select all subscribers (If you have more than 1 page of subscribers, click the link that will appear towards the bottom of the page to include subscribers that are not displayed on the page). Click the “Export Subscribers” link on the right of the page or the “Export” button at the bottom of the page.
- A pop-out will show up with different options. Choose the file format you wish to use. Then select all the fields that you want to include. After that, select “All Pages” from the “How Many” drop-down. Click the “Export” box.
- A dialog box will pop-up asking you to save or open. Choose save and provide a location on your computer to save. Hit the “OK” button.
2. Exporting Active, Unconfirmed, Unsubscribed, and Bounced subscribers
- To export Active, Unconfirmed, Unsubscribed, and Bounced subscribers, click on the drop-down next to the List Filter drop-down. Choose the Subscriber Status that you wish to export.
- ***Proceed exporting by following the previous steps to in section 1 “ Exporting All of your Subscribers”***
3. Exporting Segments
- You can also export your Subscribers from a Segment you created. To do this, go to your Lists page then click the Segments on the upper right corner of your List row. This will display all the segments you have. Click on the segment you wish to export.
- Once you have loaded the segment, click the Export Button.
- ***Proceed exporting by following the steps c to d in section 1 “ Exporting All of your Subscribers”***