How to set up a web server
It's a good idea to consider setting up your own web server as a test area before launching your site or scripts live on the Internet. Here are some options for automatic packages and step-by-step instructions to get started.
Here are some downloads that automatically install all relevant software with default settigns and instructions. For more control over the installation and setup process, it is generally recommended to manually install each element.
Here's a few steps to follow to get Apache, PHP and MySQL working on Windows.
- Go to: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
- Save the Win32 Binary (MSI Installer) file
- Go to: http://www.php.net/downloads.php
- Click PHP 5.0.2 zip package file (not the Windows installer)
- Download from the relevant mirror site
- Go to: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads
- Click MySQL 4.1
- Find Windows downloads and download from the relevant mirror site from Windows Essentials (x86).
- A great step-by-step walkthtrough showing you how to PHP 5, Apache 2, MySQL 4.1
and more. - http://www.tanguay.at/installPhp5.php5