MSSQL 2008 R2
From Email Marketing Wiki
Database Migration Guide
In order to migrate a database into the dedicated MSSQL2008 R2 server, follow the instructions below:
- Create a customer account in the Windows Control Panel via WHMCS
- Navigate to the Database section of the Control Panel
- Hover mouse over Databases
- Click SQL Server 2008
- Re-Create the database in the Control Panel
- Click Create Database
- Confirm the name of the Database (via the web.config file)
- Type the name of the database
- Click Save
- Login to relevant Windows Server
- Copy the newly created database.bak from C:\upload to \\192.168.1.207\SQL Databases
- Restore the Database in the Dedicated SQL Server
- Login to the Dedicated SQL Server via 220.127.116.11 & Master Password
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Right-Click on the relevant database & select Tasks -> Restore -> Database
- Select From Device & Click the "..." button
- Click Add, Select Database file to restore from C:\SQL Databases, Click Ok.
- Tickthe Restore box next to the database name
- Click Options, Tick Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE)
- Click OK to proceed with Restoration
- Create the User & Password in Windows Control Panel
- From the Database section, select Create User
- Reference Username & Password from web.config file
- Click Save
- Modify the connection string in the web.config file
- Update the current IP Address to 18.104.22.168 (Dedicated SQL Server)
- Save (CTRL+S) - DO NOT CLOSE THE FILE!
- Confirm the website functional & turn off the current Database.
- Confirm website is still working since the update
- Disable the current database Right-Click -> Tasks -> Take Offline
- Double-check the website is still functional.
- NOW you can close the web.config file.
The Database migration is now COMPLETE