- For a more general description of webmail, see Email
There are two applications available to use to access the webmail: Horde, and SquirrelMail. There were originally three options, with the previous NeoMail being discontinued with the new version of cPanel due to security and server issues.
You can access Webmail without going through cPanel by using one of the following addresses:
Regardless of which method you use, you always end up with a secure connection.
You will have the option of which of the two webmail programs you wish to use, Horde or SquirrelMail, as well as some other options such as changing the password, forwarding, etc. If you wish to set up an address that bypasses this screen and takes you directly to either Horde or SquirrelMail, create a subdomain such as webmail.yourdomain.com, and then redirect it to one of the following:
- for Horde, redirect to https://www.yourdomain.com:2096/horde/index.php
- for SquirrelMail, redirect to https://www.yourdomain.com.au:2096/3rdparty/squirrelmail/index.php
Forward and delete
If you set up a forwarder from cPanel for an existing mailbox, it leaves a copy of the email on the server. This can use up the allocated quote for the account and may require logging in to webmail to manually delete the emails. This guide shows you how to set up an email account that forwards emails to a secondary email address and automatically removes them from the server.
How to forward e-mail
- Create a new e-mail account in cPanel.
- Login to your new e-mail account at http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail (substitute yourdomain with your actual domain name)
- From the webmail options page (showing Horde/SquirrelMail), click one of the footer links Forwarding Options.
- Enter the secondary e-mail address to have all e-mails forwarded to, then click Add Forwarder.
How to remove e-mails from the server
- From the webmail options page, click the footer link Aging.
- Enter the number of days to keep e-mails on the server, then click Submit.
- This can be useful to check e-mail from webmail if access to the secondary address is currently unavailable. 2 days is generally a good guide.
You're now done, all e-mails sent to the new e-mail address will be forwarded to the secondary address and will be automatically deleted from the server after the allocated time.