To install the guest agent on linux
- The files required are present on the built-in xs-tools.iso CD image, or alternatively can be installed by using the VM > Install XenServer Tools option in XenCenter. XenServer Virtual Machine Installation Guide Installing Linux VMs 22
- Mount the image onto the guest by running the command: mount /dev/xvdd /mnt
- Execute the installation script as the root user: /mnt/Linux/install.sh
- If the kernel has been upgraded, or the VM was upgraded from a previous version, reboot the VM now.
Check Host Resources
In /var/log run df-kh
you should see somehting like the following
n02 log# df -kh
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 3.8G 2.6G 1000M 73% /
none 376M 0 376M 0% /dev/shm
Notice the /dev/sda1 line. this is 100% when we are/were experiencing the issue.
Then check your logs to see if they are full....
root@denxen02 log# ls -alth xensource.log.*
-rw------- 1 root root 1.5M Feb 5 05:05 xensource.log.5
-rw------- 1 root root 15M Feb 5 04:02 xensource.log.6
-rw------- 1 root root 18M Feb 4 21:13 xensource.log.7
-rw------- 1 root root 18M Feb 4 20:22 xensource.log.8
-rw------- 1 root root 17M Feb 4 19:34 xensource.log.9
Next remove all the log files....
root@denxen02 log# rm -f xensource.log.9 (this is an example, run for each file above.)
Now restart the xapi service:
service xapi restart
Making Linux Servers Bootable after reattaching Storage
Run the commands on the host and ensure the template is created using DVD Drive and Storage Order 0
- Copy Server UUID in Xencentre (View Hidden Objects/General Tab: xe vm-disk-list uuid=e18c3257-6f4c-e069-07bc-9d0ab163930f
- Copy the VBD UUID and use the command below: xe vbd-param-set bootable=true uuid=8dd91c6d-8f62-9062-3b1a-1f163de6c08e